We at UroPartners, amid ongoing concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) are doing our part by doing the following:
- Closely monitoring the latest reports from all relevant government agencies.
- Continuing our daily cleaning procedures of all surface areas.
- Recommending any patients that are not feeling well to reschedule their appointments and contact their primary care physician.
- Recommending patients to keep their appointment if they are feeling well and are without symptoms.
- Offering alternative solutions, such as Telehealth Visits, to continue to care for our patients. More information on Telehealth visits can be found here.
Common practices from the Center for Disease Control (CDC):
People can help protect themselves from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash and be sure to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer, immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Reduce physical contact, such as handshakes, hugs, and cheek kisses.
- If you have traveled from an affected area, there may be restrictions on your movements for up to two (2) weeks. If you develop symptoms during that period (fever, cough, trouble breathing), seek medical advice. Call the office of your health care provider before you go, and tell them about your travel and your symptoms.
Resources to learn more:
- Federal: http://CoronaVirus.gov
- Local: http://www.Chicago.gov/CoronaVirus
- Chicago Department of Health (CDPH) Coronavirus hotline